Wednesday 17 September 2014

Steampunk Vintage!

Good Evening Crafty Friends and how has your day been, a good one I hope.
I've been really busy at work  the last two days, but I have only tomorrow to work then off for a few days, I'm always ready for my days off.  Yesterday we received a shock when our Assistant Manager Eileen announced that she had resigned that morning.  Well I felt knocked sideways, never saw that coming, at least not at this point, but when she explained why and how she arrived at her decision, I thought yes, life is too short and you're doing the right thing.  However, it will leave us without a manager as Eileen has been  Acting Manager since Susan our manager was offered redundancy and left.
 Those who have been following my blog for a while might remember that I mentioned Susan having mouth cancer, well she never did return to work although her surgery and treatment have been successful. 

The whole Organisation is changing so much, and not for the good I believe and it feels like I have been the catalyst last year when I was off with stress for such a long time, then one by one colleagues have fallen like nine pins in one way or another.  There is only myself and one other member of staff who have been with the Organisation for a long time, everyone else is new this year.  Oh well, things never say the same but Eileen will be missed, even although we have had our ups and downs professionally, she has been a good manager.  Our clients are very fond of her and it will be another unsettling time for them.

On a happier note, I've had the house to myself tonight as Alistair is at out at his music night so, it has given me time to catch up with your blogs, I think I've got around everyone so far, with being at choral practise on Monday night and too tired last night I had a couple of days worth to look at.  All wonderful creations too.

Thank you all for the lovely, kind comments you leave about my cards, I do appreciate them and just delighted that you are all following my stories and creations.

I will have been blogging on the 27th of September for two years, so quickly have they flown by too, so I will be having some Anniversary Candy to give away, not sure what it will be yet, so watch this space.

My card for today;
I needed a birthday card for a young friend and although I had been keeping an eye on the date, I ended up missing it and had to make this one in a hurry to get it off today.
Kanban Image, papers and sentiment.
Hunkydorry adorable scorable card
Dovecraft Twine and Buttons
The image is from one of the Kanban Steampunky ranges, but can't remember what it's called. I have to say it's a range I like especially the colour combinations.

That's me for tonight folks, I'm ready to head off to bed with my book and a nice cup of herbal tea.

29 comments:

Rita said...

Love your card Kate. Hope you get someone nice to replace your boss. Hugs Rita

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Kate.

MaryH said...

Kate, this is so colorful, and not at all like some of the steampunk cards I see (I enjoy looking at steampunk, but don't handle it well). I love this one. The topper is very vintage and I loved all the embellies you've added to charm it up. Buttons are some of my fav things, & I seldom think to add them. Good luck on the job situation. I can feel for the stress this is causing. It's difficult when you don't know what to expect, how office interactions will be with new people, how management will change things. Hang in there, and all you can do, is the best you can - no one can ask for more. Enjoy your 'me' time. TFS & Hugs

Norma said...

Hello dear friend! I hope things settle at work and sorry to hear about Eileen leaving:) Glad yo got a chance to craft this lovely vintage card and catch up on our blogs! I appreciate you always visiting and taking the time for a sweet comment:) Have a great evening.
Hugs,
Norma

Peanut said...

Gorgeous card, Kate. Love the vintage vibe and the colours are awesome. Hope things improve at work.
hugs, Asha

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh gee Kate, I sure hope your organization finds a new manager soon. Hang in there. The image made me smile. I had to take a good look at that unicycle with the propeller on top. How interesting. Take good care.

Patricia said...

Good morning Kate,
Love your card, I am not a lover of Steampunk but have to say this is amazing ............ Love it
Oh! Kate I hope things get a bit better at work. It has not gone smoothly, hang in there girl.
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Sue said...

Your card is fabulous Kate, I love the image and wonderful detailing.
Sorry to hear that things are so unsettled at work, it must be a difficult time for you.
Take care
hugs Sue xx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous steampunk vintage style....great image used.
Take care Kate and hope things get better for you at work.xx
The Journey is the Start



Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love steampunk and this is fab, great Autumnal colours. Hope things work out for you at work, maybe somebody new will make it better. A little favour, would love you to have your comments in a separate box rather than embedded, much easier to correct mistakes when using an iPad x

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Kate
Prachtige heren kaart
Groetjes Gerrie

aussie aNNie said...

Hi again Kate, in regard to that die, I had heaps of problems in the center of the skirt of the die...no matter how many times I put it through my ezycut that part stayed input....so had to hide it with the lace....not worth the money I paid over here.xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate what a lovely card, love the rich colours and wonderful image. What a shock at work for you Kate. I hope everything works out, try not to get too despondent about it, hugs Susan x

hotpotato said...

Lovely Steampunk card Kate. It's my weekend off too, going to my local monthly crop at Papermaze. Enjoy your days off too. x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
first of all may I say thank you sooooooooo! much for the big lettering in your post, this has helped me read it so much better.
Fabulous steam punk card today.
Those Kanban images are just perfect for one of these types of card.
Your design is really great.
My you have had big changes, where you work.
There are big changes going on in the Nursing Homes in East Kent at the mo.
We used to sing in a few, and they are all being run by the same woman at the top who has now decided to have country and western music, and Elvis songs, all the time.
Now the clients have produced a petition to say they still want us, but it has fallen on deaf ears, so now we will not be going there anymore, as Tuesday was our last performance for them, and they enjoyed it so much love them.
One lady even made us some lovely knitted toys as a going away present.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lorraine said...

A brilliant steampunk card.
Hope things settle down for you at work.
Lorraine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Now there's a theme close to my heart, I love this card Kate. The colours are so rich and very good for male cards. Although I love Steampunk I very rarely get the chance to make a card in that theme, not many of my customers are in to it. Your card is gorgeous and I'm sure it was pleasantly received.
Lorraine

Jacee said...

Fantastic card Kate, I really love this, great vintage feel, lovely layout, just perfect.
The place you work sounds as stressful as where I used to work, glad to get out of the place, best move I made, look after yourself stress is not good!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Christine Harrop said...

Great card Kate. This is the set I mostly use if I do my version of steam punk - I do what a I call "neat and tidy steam punk" ... lol! Hugs Christine xx (It's the Time Traveller set by the way.)

Erika said...

Hi Kate, not good news at work, hopefully things will improve soon.
Love your steampunk card. Enjoy the peace to craft and catch up.

Hugs Erika. x

pam said...

hi Kate, love this male themed card, great image and colours.
sorry things are not running smoothly at your work place..you enjoy your time off.
pam x

Hazel said...

Oh Kate, that's not what you wanted to happen at work, but the girl had her reasons so we will wish her luck. Not a big lover of steam punk but do love what you have done with the colours and layout. Don't get yourself stressed about work again please !!! Hazel xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

Hi Kate,just love your card, gorgeous colours and and gorgeous Male image. Marlene

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Not a steampunk fan but love how you've used the image. That Adorable Scoreable is lovely, isn't it?
Well, its about time you discovered the entrance to the escape tunnel chuck. You would think the others would've left you the map lol!
Take care.
Ang x

Sue said...

Hi Kate fab male themed card:) it's hard when lots of changes happen at work but we tend to adjust when we have too...I'm playing catch up again since I've been looking after the hubby..so take care and lots of huggles Sue xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, your card is gorgeous. I love the image and the way you used the twine and buttons. Just stunning. Please take care of yourself and hope everything settle down for you at work. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs Anet x

meg said...

Love the card Kate,the twine and buttons add texture to an already stunning design. Hope things settle down at work change is always unsettling.

Sandy said...

I love your card Kate! The colors and image are perfect together!!
Sandy xx