Friday 5 September 2014

My "Oldie for Friday"!

 Hello to you all, I hope all is well with you, but big (((((Hugs))))) to All who need them, and especially thinking of Rachel and her family as her husband Shaun has suffered a massive heart attack, just awful news. It seems that people are getting younger and younger for taking heart attacks these days.

Once again we are heading into another weekend, so I hope you all have something good planned. We are going for a drive over to the West Coast tomorrow, take a picnic with us and just stop in a lovely spot and relax, I think the weather is to be fairly good.

Thank you to all who left lovely comments on my chess card, I really do appreciate them all.

I'm rather late with my "Oldie" card, but here it is;
As you can see the image is from Thomas Kincaid.  I love this image and it was for an elderly gentleman's birthday who loves sailing ships.
I bought a pad of these images a couple of years ago, and I have to say that this one is the only image I like.   I'm not really big fan of Thomas Kincaid, I know many are though, I wish there had been more of this one in the pad.

Anyhow, the "Oldie for Friday" was started up by Erika of http://snappycrafts.blogspot.co.uk
and a few of us play along. It's good to have a look back at what you made in the early days of your crafting, so why not dig out some of your old creations and share them with us.

That's me for now,  remember "Carp Diem" or Seize the Day,



18 comments:

Patricia said...

Good evening Kate,
A brilliant card, I am sure the gentleman loved it. A great image, and design. I am not a lover of this artist either, never had any of his images.
Thank you for joining in Oldie for Friday.
Have a fantastic weekend
Hugs

Patricia xx

Rita said...

Hello Kate. Like you I feel so sorry for Rachel and the girls. Hope Shaun gets over this and back to the family. Love your card, beautiful image and I bet the gentleman loved it. Enjoy your picnic tomorrow. My Alisdair has been working at Helmsdale the last 2 weeks and tells us how warm it has been. Hugs Rita xxx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Kate. I do like the image and although I am not a big fan of this artist but there are a few of his pieces of work that I like. Enjoy your day out.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, those colours are really just so beautiful...I love love his art.xx

The Journey is the Start

MaryH said...

Is this the Rachel from our Christmas Club? Oh dear, my very best wishes for his complete recovery. Clipper Sailing ships were always something that fascinated me. The only decoupage item I ever did (this is decoupage technique from the 70's, on wood)...was a clipper under full sail. We still have it. My DH did one, and I did one - in another scene. We both still like the images. This made a simply lovely card. Enjoy your picnic. Sounds devine, and I hope the weather cooperates fully so that you have a most enjoyable day. TFS & Happy wkend.

Life and Knits said...

Beautiful!

Susie

Hazel said...

Kate, I love this imagine and it made a beautiful card. Yes your right to many young ones are having heart attacks, I feel for Rachel and the girls. Enjoy your day out it will do you good just to get away from it all. Hazel xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate I was really upset when I read about Shaun on Rachel's blog, my heart goes out to the family. Your card is fab just perfect for a man. Hope you enjoy your picnic, we are going for a BBQ at my daughters! Susan x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
I'm sure you made an old man very happy so to speak lol!
Lovely image.
Sorry to hear about your friends hubby. Hope he makes a good recovery.
Enjoy your picnic.
Ang x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
fabulous oldie for Friday.
I love this fab card. and the image is so perfect for a person who loves boats.
Enjoy your day out and your weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a super card and I'm sure the gentleman love it. I have a CD Rom with some of this artists landscape pictures on it and these are quite nice to use. Hope you enjoy your picnic, it's not very 'picnicy' weather here today I'm afraid.
Lorraine

Sue said...

Lovely card Kate my heart goes out to Rachel and her family I know only too well what this is like :( huggles Sue xx

Sandy said...

Well it certainly made a delightful card! Have fun on your picnic! !
Sandy xx

Jacee said...

Lovely card Kate, such rich colours.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Erika said...

Hi Kate, sorry for the late response in getting back to you, work getting in the way!
Thanks for joining me in sharing an oldie and what a perfect card for a man who likes ships. Great image and perfectly framed.

Enjoy your weekend, hugs Erika. x

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hello Kate! My regards go out to Shaun and her family with prayers for her husband. So sad. On a lighter note, I too had a good laugh reading your comment about "trousers" vs "pants." LOL. I guess we do have different names for things here and there. I remember when I was a teenager, my family went to the continental United States (California to be specific) to visit our cousins. Here in Hawaii, we say "slippers" for those casual slip-on footwear and over there, they call them "flip-flops." Thanks for the fun laugh and hope you have a wonderful picnic.

scrappymo! said...

Perfect image for a fellow who loves boats. While I am not a fan od T Kinkaid for my house, I do not mind his art on cards.
I think you either love him or feel "Meh"

You made a lovely card from his art and I bet the gentleman loved it!

Have fun on your picnic!

Sue said...

You can always tell a TK picture. What gorgeous colors in this scene. I am sure your friend is going to love it. I LOVE your new picture, looking good!!

Hugs
Sue