Sunday 24 June 2018

Gingerbread or Candy Cane for the CCC!

Hello Everyone, how's your weekend going? well I hope, and that whatever you're doing it's relaxing and enjoyable.

Teallach and I are just the two of us as Alistair is way at his climbing club's AGM, down in Glencoe, I'd love to be a fly on the wall, it'll be a hoot of down memory walk as the average age is around 150. Of course it's all men, and as this year it's been held in Jacksonville which is a hut at the foot of the  Buachaille Etive Mor, so the accommodation is somewhat Spartan and wives are steering clear.  Then Alistair is going to visit his brother for a few days, so it's all quiet in the Currie household.

Now, I have a problem with the Follower thingy and wonder if anyone has an answer..... my photo is no longer showing up when I click to follow someone. I know I've been added, but it's just a blank square that shows and it's at the end of the person's list, so chances are they won't know I've followed.  Would anyone have a clue as to why this has happened and if I can fix it? I don't think it's anything to do with the data policy thing as it's happened before that. I've searched  on the blogger help but to no avail.

Righto, once again it's time for the CCC to show their latest challenge and this time it's our lovely Lorraine who is our host and she would like to see Gingerbread and or Candy cane, here is what I've come up with;
A Sheila Douglass image using Zig watercolour pens, then some SN Sparkle pen. SB spruce and pine cones dies and a little candy cane embellishment.
I love Gingerbread men, the real kind for eating, but then I love gingerbread especially if it has icing on the top. Anyway, the tag is a Papermainia stamp, and the background paper is from a Christmas pad given to me by Mrs. Duck, the little MDF gingerbread man too. The larger one is a felt on from a pack I bought at Hobbycrafts. A simple card really. 
I hope they will do Lorraine, it was a super challenge and I enjoyed it.

That's me then, please have a visit to my team mates from the CCC as they always have fabulous creations.  

Just before I go, a huge thanks for all the lovely comments on my last card, very much appreciated,
  

26 comments:

meg said...

Two great cards Kate, the Sheena Douglas is my idea of a treat on a winter night, something warm to drink and special to eat, love the simle layout of the second showcasing the gingerbread man

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and gorgeous cards Kate, fabulous stamps used too as always, the colours exposed here are just stunning.x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely both, Kate! The gingerbread card looks delicious and love your colouring in the first one and that cute candy cane embellishment!
Sorry for your problem with following.
Have you tried this way? I copy and paste it by the blogger forum
1) Copy the blog url you want follow
2) open YOUR reading list (from your dashboard). Here is a direct shortcut: https://www.blogger.com/manage-blogs-following.g
Click the orange Add button, paste in the url, be sure that your following looks public and save.
As a bonus, you can usually follow non-Blogger blogs and even regular websites using this method. :)
Hope that is helpful.
Hugs

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh your cards are both lovely, sounds like some quality crafty time to have while Hubby is off galavanting!! Love Hazelx

Wendy L said...

Sweet cards Kate.
Just waiting to take dog out before we go for an Indian meal. Very hot to walk him but he can't be shut up all afternoon, xxx

Mac Mable said...

Hi Kate...Just a thought about the photo thingy...If all else fails this might be worth a try....Start again. Delete your photo on your dashboard/settings etc and save and then upload it again and save.
I can see why you ladies stayed away from the AGM with the accommodation being so spartan!
The theme of gingerbread and or candy cane is adorable and so Christmasy and that's what your cards are. The first more traditional, with a wonderful image and beautiful colouring and the second more contemporary and also fun. The tiny gingerbread man is so cute and love the texture of the felt in the other one.
Enjoy the glorious weather we are supposed to get this week x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

These most certainly will do Kate they are gorgeous and two of them to boot! Lovely images and beautiful colouring too.
Lorraine

dutchess said...

Two great cards Kate...I love that Sheena stamp...such fun to colour.....sorry I am no help with the photo thingy...but it looks like someone has a solution for you....enjoy your peaceful weekend,I am watching the tennis it’s bliss for the next 3 weeks ....xxxx

Jannet said...

Gorgeous Christmas cards and beautifully coloured as always Kate! I love gingerbread men to look at, but I don’t like ginger I always think it burns a bit, but that’s probably me being a bit odd !

I am having a little Alice in Wonderland card challenge on my blog and would love to invite you https://gillslap.blogspot.com/p/alice-day-2018.html

With the Facebook follower picture, it s just a thought but have you added a profile picture to your google account! It is different to you blogger profile. https://myaccount.google.com

Marlene Atkinson said...

Two beautiful cards, love the Gingerbread man card. Marlene

cotnob said...

Two lovely cards Kate, I especially like the first one - fabulous colouring.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

brenda said...

Reaally super creations both colours and design. Afraid I don't have a clue on the photo issue.

Hope you are having some of this lovely weather.

B x

rachel said...

two great cards Kate - wish I had found that sheena stamp and used it! it looks beautiful! Enjoy your peace and quiet! Hugs rachel x

Christine Harrop said...

Two super cards Kate. I could just devour that hot chocolate drink! Hope you enjoy your peace and quiet. I used to love it when John went off climbing so that I was able to do my own thing for a while. Hope you are both well. Hugs Christine xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Two lovely cards Kate and your colouring of the first one is just perfect x

Mrs A. said...

Two sweet cards . Love the second card with the design paper. I have been incognito when following new blogs fur over a year now and haven't known how to correct if so will try the fixes above and see if any work for me. Hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

Yummy image on card #1 with such a perfect embellishment in the corner. Beautifully done coloring on the image. Again love those pattern papers on #2 with the tag as the focal point, and once more, a delightful & perfect embellishment to carry on the theme. I've had that same follower problem before, it got fixed, and I think it's happening again. Sometimes I see myself if I've followed a new blog, some times I don't! I love your new picture too. Enjoy your "me" time. TFS & have a great week.

Darnell said...

Oh, my, Kate, now I have a craving for hot cocoa, candy canes, and gingerbread men!! These two cards are filled with classic Yuletide yumminess!

I see you have some suggestions from others and I hope one of them works for the photo not showing up. If they don't, the only thing I can think of is what is working (sometimes) for fixing the problem of not receiving comments via email. That is to take your profile photo out, save your settings, then enter it again, and save your settings again. There have been so many "glitches" the last few months, more in the last few days ... they sure aren't working very hard to keep people from giving up and switching to Instagram! Grrr! Hugs, Darnell

Pat said...

As aoon as I saw this beautifully coloured image I thought it was by Sheena, and I love the added greenery and sweet candy cane embellishment too, and who can resist the cute gingerbread men and the paper is just perfect too. x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Two lovely cards. Can see why you have stayed away, home sounds much nicer

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

Great cards Kate. The colouring is great. I hope your enjoying the warm weather xx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous cards Kate..
gorgeous colouring...
enjoy your time whilst Alistair is away
Hugs Sylvie xx

Valerija said...

Absolutely pretty! Love the little cute embellishments.
Valerija xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Your Christmas cards are just beautiful Kate, love the pretty embellishments you added. Anet x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Told you that I would eventually catch up lol!!!
Well, I nearly missed these smashing cards. I knew that you would make better use of the gingerbread man than me.
Well, there was a lovely few day for you and T Boy lol!!!
Ang x