Sunday 22 October 2017

Fairy Door!

 Hello Everyone, I hope you are all well, but sending out kind thoughts to those who aren't so good.
We were lucky once again in that we had no sight of Storm Brian, I hope though that no one had any problems with it.

Thank you for leaving me lovely comments on my last card, you are all so kind.

I've had a real break from puppy minding this last week as Moreen was on holiday, but I did go with them one day for a long walk in the woods and my goodness did they enjoy themselves. They are very well behaved off the lead and love rummaging around and paddling in the pools,of which there were many, I could have done with wellies.  Anyway, it was a lovely time with the three of them, I don't often get the opportunity to spend time with Moreen.  I thought with all the exercise and fresh air that I would have a good nights sleep, ha ha!, I had about an hours sleep than awake for the remainder of the night.

I have another  ribbon embroidery frame for you this time, again made for a gift,
This is a kit from Crafty Ribbons and they are really lovely, I added sequins and a butterfly and a Sizzix fairy which I glittered up, and to put it in, here's the box,
I'm afraid I can't remember everything I used here, however I'm pleased to say that my friend liked it.

Well tomorrow is the start of another week, they are going in so quickly, no great plans for it, just take it as it comes.
That's me for now, take care of yourselves and see you soon,



27 comments:

cotnob said...

A super embroidered frame Kate, I love your fairy door and pretty flowers. Your box is perfect, such a wonderful gift.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Flo Langley said...

Oh Kate! This is gorgeous. Love the combo of the door and those pretty flowers. Such a pretty box to pop it in.
Hugs Flo xx

Christine Harrop said...

It is even more gorgeous in real life I can assure you! Absolutely beautiful Kate. Thank you. Hugs Christi
ne xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful ribbon embroidery! xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I recgnise that kit, loved making mine. This is so pretty

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing embroidery frame!! Love that fairy door! A great gift!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant embroidered frame here Kate just gorgeous post and rather a lot to soak in ....xxx

Mia said...

Wow Kate!!! What an amazing embroidery frame! Of course your friend love it! I am speechless! I ADORE it, my friend!

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

What a beautiful piece of artwork and the box is lovely xx

Wendy L said...

So pretty Kate, xxx

Valerija said...

Gorgeous pieces. Especially love the first one. So wonderful and romantic!
Valerija xx

brenda said...

I can identify with those night Kate and don't know about you but craft ideas tend to go round and round my head, then I doze off for half an hour and they are gone - need to invest in another notepad on the bedside cabinet !

Your ribbon embroidery frame is really pretty and something so very different, what a wonderful creation to give as a gift.

B x

dutchess said...

This is soooo lovely Kate,love the embroidery frame.....xxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh your ribbon embroidery is beautiful. love the finishing touches and the fab box.
luv
Debby

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous and love the designs. I do love fairies.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mac Mable said...

No wonder your friend loved it ...it's amazing x

Dortesjs said...

Brilliant, fabulous design I do love this

Mrs A. said...

I hadn't realized it had been embroidered. Very pretty. We had the very high winds and rian but no damage from Brian. Hugs Mrs A.

pam said...

This is beautiful Kate, love your embroidery, what a wonderful keepsake.
Know that feeling well Kate! so tired but for the life of me I cannot sleep.
Hugs Pam x

Sue said...

What a lovely gift and box. The flowers on the framed print look so very beautiful, Kate.

Hugs
Sue

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate! it's so pretty and I'm so glad to hear that the storm did no damage...huggles Sue xx

Cara said...

Wow, this is beautiful and I love how you decorated the box too x

Barb said...

What a beautiful gift Kate. The embroidery hoop is a lovely idea and the ribbing flowers are so pretty. Beautiful decoration on the box too. Barbxx

MaryH said...

A delicate & beautiful gift for your friend. How clever to combine the 2 hobbies with the glittering fairy and butterfly to add to your wonderful embroidery design. The box is just lovely as well, and I love the embossed and distressed papers on it. I'm sure your friend was just delighted to receive such a lovely and thoughtful gift from you! Also glad you had a nice walk in the woods too! TFS & Hugs

Anne said...

What a lovely make Kate, that fairy door is adorable. I've been puppy sitting while my daughter is away - he's like a little tornado going through the house!
Anne x

Anet's Crafting said...

Your embroidery frame is just beautiful Kate, love all those pretty flowers. Hugs Anet x

rachel said...

this is so very pretty - I love this Kate xx