Monday 7 August 2017

Fantasy Fuchsias and Candy Winner!


Hello Everyone, beginning of another week, where do they all go to. I hope you are all well but sending kind thoughts to those who are not so well, and hoping you will feel better soon.

We had a quiet weekend, the weather wasn't wonderful, Alistair managed to get the grass cut and I got washing out, but had to keep my eyes open for rain, today, the sun is very hot when out, but there are lots of dark clouds too.  The Scottish weather is never boring, it keeps you on your toes.


Thank you all so much for the lovely comments on my CCC cards, you are very kind and I do appreciate every comment you make.

As you see from the title we have a Candy winner, but I will tell you about that later in the post.

My card today is using one of Chocolate Baroque's new stamps; Hanging Flowers, which I have named Fantasy Fuchsias, as to me they look like those wonderful blooms.
Stamped on to black Derwent card and heat embossed with WOW powder, coloured with Gansai Tambi Pearl watercolours. Three dazzlers.
The background has been stamped with another CB stamps and once again heat embossed with WOW powder in  Icicle Blue, it looks faint in the photo, but it is quite clear in real life. The black card is matted on to platinum card.

One of the wonderful CB DT members, Veronica gave me the inspiration for this card . Veronica has a fabulous blog and you can visit her Here.
 I'm very pleased by how it's turned out, and I think the pearlised paints just work in perfectly.

Now, who has won my Candy?? Thank you all for entering into the fun and for choosing to follow my blog, I've been doing this since 2011 and I'm always amazed that folks take an interest in my work and my stories, but I'm awfully glad you do.  I've been privileged to have met a few of you in person, and some have become great friends, but, I always feel a friendship with you in reality or virtually.  So with out further ado, here is the Random machine;
You see we really did have a hat LOL, and the winner is;
It's you Annie over in in Australia, so if you send me your address I will get it posted off to you, and hope you will enjoy using it.

Well my Random Machine did well, and to think I offered him to an antique dealer who was at the door this morning looking of amything that was old and Scottish, I did say my husband, but the man wasn't sure if he would go down well with the American tourisits who visit his shop.

That's me for today, have a lovely day whatever you are doing and see you soon,
I Would like to enter my card into http://theflowerchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/


  and http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/august-anything-goes.html
http://craftstamper.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/take-it-make-it-challenge-august.html

30 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Whoo Hoo, first to comment and first out of the hat...well done Alistair, what a lovely random number picker you are, hugs.... Thanks Kate and will email you my addy....
A beautiful card made as well, I am just loving the gorgeous colours on this card. Love these flowers and have a beautiful pot of them out the front in purple and deep pink.

Once again thank you and keeps these cards a coming...xx
[aNNie]

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations Annie x Yes he is a lovely random picker x Those pearl watercolours look fabulous against the dark background of your beautiful card. The 'Fantasy Fuchsia' looks stunning x Had a chuckle in your post about the antique dealer and your husband x

dutchess said...

Loving that card Kate...really pretty....fushia's are my favourites....xxxx

Sue said...

Ahhh lovely Fuchsias. Buy a plant every year to hang on our patio for the humming birds. The blooms are so beautiful, as is your card, Kate, made even more lovely with the dark background. Love the picture of the random picker!!

Hugs
Sue

brenda said...

So you succumbed to the new stamps did you Kate, I know I am biased but it was a lovely release and like you I call these Fushcias as surely they are. They looks stunning on the dark background and really pop with the pretty colouring.

Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.

B x

Linda Simpson said...

Congratulations Annie. Your card is stunning Kate, love the flowers which just "pop" off the black background, so dramatic.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Cara said...

Gorgeous card, the black ties in with the fantasy theme so well and those flowers are beautiful in those pearl paints. Congratulations to Annie and I love your random number picker, maybe you ought to rename him Ernie as in the old premium bond machine (for younger readers!) Shame you couldn't sell him though! Still you'd better keep him just incase you gave another candy giveaway in the future x

Flo Langley said...

Congratulations Annie. You did a great job Alistair :) Gorgeous card Kate. The fuchsias look beautiful on the black. Lovely job with the pearlised paints. Just spotted Cara's comment. No, no. Alistair is more like James Bond than premium bond :) Not many people have their own secret agent Kate :)
Hugs Flo xx

Barb said...

Congratulations to Annie. I had to laugh at your comment to the antique dealer. Your card is lovely Kate. What lovely stamps and I really like your colours. Barbxx

meg said...

Beautiful card Kate, the pearl watercolours stand out so well against the black card and the flowers appear delicate, love the blue stamping on the background. Your posts never fail to raise a smile Kate, I have an antique here as well do you think the dealer might do BOGOF?

Dortesjs said...

Congratulations Annie - and great card to.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great look for these beautiful fuchsias, they pop out so well from the black background and have really a lovely shimmer!
BIG congrats to aNNie, so happy for you!!! :D

Valerija said...

How beautiful your card is.
Congratulations to Annie.
Valerija xx

pam said...

Stunning card design Kate, love the beautiful colours.
Congratulations to Annie.
Pam x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely card. I love your stories on your blog, poor Alistair being offered for sale 😀. Confrats to lovely Annie x

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, wow your card is just beautiful. Love your colouring of the flowers. Hugs Anet x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
What a stunning card.
Your use of those pencils is fabulous.
Congratulations to Annie and doesn't Mr C look as though he has taken his job very seriously.
Your antique collector funny story reminded me of a joke about someone collecting for the local swimming pool being given bucket of water lol!
Ah the old ones are the best.
Ang x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Such a pretty image and beautifully coloured Kate. Congratulations to Annie and well done the random number picker...Alistair ! Have a good week Kate.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Mrs A. said...

They do indeed look like fuschias . I like the pretty colours you have chosen to compliment them. Congratulations to Annie and I think a drink is in order for Alistair. Hugs Mrs A.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
congrats to aNNie.
Beautiful card and those fuchsias are so peretty and wonderfully coloured too.
As I am writing this we have thunderstorms and the heavyiest rain I have seen for ages it almost looks foggy it's so heavy.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, pretty Fuchsias - they look fabulous against the black card stock.
Congratulations Annie, enjoy your candy.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue said...

Congrats to Annie and he's a fab random picker lol! Your card is gorgeous Kate lovely colours its really pretty huggles Sue xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

Gorgeous Fuchias, they look great with the black card for the background. Marlene

Lynne K said...

That's stunning, Kate! The flowers (yes, I agree - fuchsias!) stand out so beautifully against the dark background. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful design & Image, the embossing on the dark background is fabulous ! Take care, Shirleyxx

Diane said...

What a lovely card design Kate. We have been having super hot days and no rain.

Hugs Diane

judith@poppy cottage said...

A very pretty card Kate, the lovely stamp looks fab on the black card, and you have chosen super colours to complete the card. This is my favourite stamp from the new collection, and I think I might use it a lot!

Take care, Judith xx

Ruth said...

What a gorgeous card! I love those Gansai Tambi Pearl colours, they really are so shimmery and add something special to a card. I haven't had a chance to try them on black card but from yours it looks like they would be fabulous. Thank you so much for entering this month's Flower Challenge. Ruth DT xx

Pat said...

This is beautiful Kate and I am contemplating buying one or two of the new stamps myself, the trouble is there are always older CB stamps I would like as well so find it hard to make a decision. The GT pearl paints have worked fabulously on the black card and the soft blue flowers in the background are great. Congratulations to Annie for winning the candy. x

UplayOnline said...

they look fabulous against the black card stock.


ดูหนัง