Sunday 4 December 2016

Owl Tealight!

Good Evening Crafting Friends and Visitors, hope all is well with you and that you are all enjoying what life has to offer.
I've been away visiting my friends Dale and Stewart for a few days which was lovely, and of course it means getting to see Amanda and Kerr, and luckily this time around little Olivia who is Amanda's Granddaughter how is only 2, what a gorgeous little cutie she is.

Back now, and trying to settle back in, although I loved being away, it knocks out my system with my insulin, eating etc, so I come back shattered and it take me a bit to get back into harness again.

Pleased to say my boys were fine, both survived, but pleased to see me back.

I've been trying to get around the blogs to comment, but forgive if I haven't reach everyone, my fingers would be worn out, but I've spied your makes on my reading list and have seen many wonderful creations.

Thank you all for the lovely comments on my last post, you are all so kind.

I have another MDF project to share tonight;

Once again from Imagination Crafts I painted up a Tealight holder with Starlight Paints and a little Sparkle Medium.  I took this down to Dale and she loved it.

Now, whilst I was away, Damian took Milo to the doggy nursery, which he loved and came home whacked. Here are a couple of photos of him at play, the staff take photos to put on their FB page;
 Milo's new Best Friend
Would take a lot to chew through this me thinks!!

I think this is a fabulous idea for pets, and although it's new to me the daycare centres have been going for a while. I think Damian is going to put him in at least once aweek, it also gives me a wee break.

Well folks, it's cuppa time so I will say good night and see you all soon, take care of yourselves,


23 comments:

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi there Kate, a beautiful tealight. Love the colour. They are great fun to decorate and look especially good painted with Starlight paints. Lovely to see your photos of Milo and his best friend. Looks like he enjoyed himself.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Sue said...

ONG your friend must have been thrilled to received such a wonderful gift.
Love how it glows when lit and when not lit, the owl is very imposing! Nice job Kate, glad you enjoyed your time away.

Hugs
Sue

dutchess said...

Wow Kate...fabulous tea light...I have to agree the starlight paints are amazing and perfect for your mdf wonderful creation.Glad you had a good time away but it's always good o come home xxxxx

brenda said...

What a stunning creation Kate and super photos of Milo.

B x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Glad you had a good time Way, take care of yourself now. Gorgeous make and lovely pics of Milo

aussie aNNie said...

ha what a cute doggie. Looks so healthy.
Love your owl lantern Kate, it's super lovely.xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Terrific tea light holder. I've got some of the DCWV Luminairies to make up yet, ready for Christmas so better get a move on lol!
They won't look as fab as this.
Ang x

Pamellia said...

Beautiful project Kate. I love the gold and wow, it sure looks amazing lit up like that! Glad you fun on your time away. I know what you mean though, a trip like that can be so exhausting and you feel worse after than before! Worth it I suppose to get to visit. sending hugs :)

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous owl lantern Kate. Thanks for sharing the photos of Milo.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sandy said...

Glad you are home safe and sound. I still think it is a hoot that Milo goes to daycare but what a great idea.
Love your tea light sugar - looks like something good for Halloween!
Sandy xx

MaryH said...

So glad you had a lovely time-away, and now back into the normal routine. It's always hard to get back to 'normal', when we've had fun. Loving all these decorative projects that you've been sharing. The tea light is striking. Enjoyed the doggie pics too. Bet he had such a good time! Take care, TFS & Hugs

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a wonderful creation and it looks really fab and gorgeous.
This is a wonderful idae and so useful.
I do love those starlight paints as they are so gorgeous and cover so well.
Glad you enjoyed your time away and the boys were okay.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Erika said...

I think the doggy day care is a fabulous idea. I'd like to go!

Loving your owl tealight holder, especially when it is alight. It will make a fabulous gift to an owl fan.

Good to hear hubby came back in one piece, mine is off to hospital for an op tomorrow.

Hugs Erika. x

rachel said...

I adore your lantern Kate - it looks amazing. Wow - doggy daycare is a new one on me! Hugs rachel x

pam said...

This owl tea light holder is wonderful Kate, look fabulous light up.
Milo looks like he`s enjoying himself.
Glad you enjoyed your time away.
Hugs Pam x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Your Owl Tea light holder is beautiful, with and without light :) Milo looks sweet :) xx

cotnob said...

Your tealight holder is beautiful Kate, a wonderful transformation.
I'm pleased that you enjoyed visiting your friends, it sounds like you had a lovely time - I hope you soon recover and get back to normal.
Milo looks right at home at the doggy daycare, I bet he had a great time.
Take care.
Pauline
x

Rita said...

Beautiful tea light holder Kate. I bet Dale was so pleased with it too. You must be shattered too. Hugs Rita xxx

meg said...

Glad you enjoyed your time away Kate, it's always lovely to catch up with friends. Love the project, the paints really glow. Milo has really grown up, I think this is a great idea, keeps the dogs fully occupied no time to get bored.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a pretty tea-light holder Kate, looks beautiful without being lit up too.
Lorraine

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Tea light lovely and the snow globe below is really wonderful too, Milo is ever so cute, Kate.
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful tea light holder Kate. Pleased to hear you had a great time with your friend. Super photos of Milo.
Take care and put your feet up to recharge the batteries. Crafty orders! :)
Hugs Flo xx

Karen Petitt said...

Just stunning huni. Make sure you rest for a bit hun and hopefully your insulin levels will settle back to normal xx