Friday 9 December 2016

Floribunda Net!

Hello Everyone, I hope today has been a good one for you and that you are getting ready to enjoy your weekend.

I've eventually made a start on writing the Christmas card and got some of them posted, now this is the part of card I just don't like, Alistair would help, but it's quicker if I do it myself, but I hope to have it behind me by the end of the weekend.

Thank you all who commented on yesterday's card, I know how much time the commenting takes so I do really appreciate it.

Today's card has been made specifically for the Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge;
 Using the beautiful Floribunda Net image, I heat embossed it and coloured it with DI.
Matted on to black card and then an orangey red card stamped with a few little Card-io stamps.
Paper used is from Sara Davis, Autumn Collection. Added ribbon and a few sequins and left it at that.

No sentiment yet as I'm not sure what occasion this card will be used for.
I always have a bit of a struggle to interpret the colours, but I think I've managed not too badly this month.

I almost didn't bother with the challenge this month, mainly because of the time factor, but then again, it's the last one of the year so it would have been a pity not to enter the Challenge having entered each months during the year.

I read today that Chocolate Baroque will be joining Hochanda, having previously been on The Craft Channel, which I could never manage to view, so I'm really pleased at this news. I do love this stamp company, and have been luck a few times to have won a challenge.

A bit of knitting I think tonight, I did get Damian's socks finished and now on to a cable cowl for Moreen. I had made one a few months back and I'm blowed if I can find it. I've searched all over the house, and it's a small house, so I've concluded it's in the "Black Hole" .

Enjoy the rest of your evening and I'll see you soon,

I woul like to enter my card into the following challenges:
http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/challenge-twenty-nine.html 

http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/december-floral-fancies.html
http://theflowerchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/the-flower-challenge-3-use-older.html 

22 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

That's a lovely bold stamp Kate and a beautiful card you have created with it. I love the pretty bow and sequin details. Hope your evening goes as planned and that you enjoy a lovely weekend too.
Lorraine

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, a gorgeous stamp and pretty background.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline
x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Such a beautiful card Kate. Love the colours and the layout. The bow just adds the finishing touch. I too, cannot get the Craft Channel, so pleased Chocolate Baroque is moving to Hochanda too. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

pam said...

Beautiful stamp you have used Kate, love these colours and fabulous layout.
Hugs Pam x

rachel said...

gorgeous - really beautiful Kate. Hugs xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Beautiful card and just your colour palette too.
You could use this card for so many occasions ..... lovely.
Best wishes.
Ang x

brenda said...

A beautiful creation with a really lovely Rose image Kate and a pretty colour palette. Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month, lovely to have you join in.

Thankfully hubby has never shown an interest in helping write the Christmas cards, but shopping is another matter, so much so I do my best to go when I know he has a busy day in the office and just can't spare the time - a four pack of baked beans on top of a bag of grapes is just not helpful !!

B x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful card

meg said...

the colours are beautiful Kate, your choices are really close to the colour challenge image.Love the layout and embellishments it's absolutely beautiful. I thought I had lost a gift I bought for my son some time ago I was convinced it was a box set of DVD's and hunted everywhere, of course i was wrong about what it was and it had been in plain site all the time.

aussie aNNie said...

Kate a lovely card here, love flowers and love this stamp. The colours are just beautiful.xx [I hate writing in Christmas cards, so time consuming]

Flo Langley said...

Beautiful card Kate. Great interpretation of the colours. Happy knitting. The cowl is in that safe place so you know where it is! Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Flo x

Pamellia said...

Beautiful card Kate! I love the colours, and that image is just lovely. This could be used for any occasion, I love a card like that! I have no patience for writing Christmas cards, so every year I write a cute Christmas poem, then I print it off a bunch of times and glue it inside all of my cards. Then I only have to add their names and sign it! I'm soooo lazy! lol. happy weekend :)

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Kate, I love the beautiful colours and stamp you have used.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sandy said...

Beautiful card! Although I enjoy seeing all of your makes - I really enjoy what you write! I would dearly love to spend the summer in Inverness and visit Scotland once more and take knitting lessons from you!
Sandy xx

Erika said...

I think you've hit the nail on the head with this colour challenge Kate. Loving the roses.
Have a super weekend, hugs Erika. X

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, that stamp is stunning. Your design and colour choices perfect. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

Julie Smith said...

Beautiful card Kate you have done a super job, I too sometimes struggle with the colour challenges so you are not on your own ha ha. Your lovely comments are most appreciated about Chocolate Baroque, I too can't wait to see Lesley's new shows on Hochanda. Thank you for joining in with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge and good luck. Julie x

Sue said...

Kate, those flowers are gorgeous, and you used the colors of the challenge beautifully.

Hugs
Sue

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Kate, another lovely design, super colouring and a fab layout, Thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge. You are always appreciated and we value your support, so do please keep entering!
Good luck with finding that missing present, why does that happen? I do that all of the time, and often the items never turn up, I blame the cats, personally.....
We have resorted to getting a lot of our cards preprinted these days, as my OH has a really big family, and I just make a smaller amount of cards to send to closer friends and family.
Have a lovely Christmas, Judith xx

pinky said...

What a beautifully stamped card Kate, its really gorgeous and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Karren said...

Beautiful card using a gorgeous image! Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge.

annewaller said...

Lovely card with beautiful colouring - good luck with the CB Challenge x