Tuesday 13 December 2016

Christmas Cheer to You!

Hello Everyone,  How are you all today, well I hope, but sending out kind and positive thoughts if you are not too good.

Thank you all so much for all your fabulous comments on my CCC cards, you are all so kind.

I'm having a real break from minding Milo as Damian is working from home, so that means that I've been able to catch up with things at home.
I brought the Christmas deccies down from the loft last week and I've been trying since then to put them up. I just don't know how I managed things when I was working full time, Alistair's response to this was "your older now",  Cheers for that , I thought. 

Anyway it's good to have got all the cards off in the post, only the neighbours to pop through their letterboxes. All presents bought, but still to wrap, but still plenty of time for that, and I managed to put our little bit of decorations up, much smaller scale this year, but Alistair fixed up our Rudolph that he made last year and brought him round to the front garden, I put his lights around his antlers and he is now all lit up. Looking good.

I have only one card to make and that's for Alistair, but still time for that, and my mojo has disappeared somewhat for that one.

Anyway, last night at Choral practise we had sound techies from BBC Radio Scotland to record us singing a few carols for a programme being aired on Monday 19the December between 12.30 - 1.05 pm, it's called Personal Best and I believe it's about how singing can help with mental health. So, if you are around with a bit of time to spare, have a listen in, we sound pretty good and the programme should be interesting. I can certainly endorse singing to help if you experience poor mental health, just like crafting.

I would expect it will be only those in Scotland who will manage to tune into this radio station, but I hope some of you might hear it.
Our other signing date is this coming Saturday when we sing our Carolthon;
We have a lovely programme of Christmas Carol and songs, and as you can see our charity this year is Chest, Heart and Stroke. If you are in Inverness, come along to the Eastgate Centre and hear us and if you're there between 12.30 and 1.30, you catch sight of me singing my wee heart out.

I've got the evening to myself, Alistair is going to his music group, so it's feet up and I might pour myself a wee dram and watch Rillington Place, gosh Tim Roth is chilling in his portrayal as the murderer Christie.
Have a good evening and see you soon,

 




21 comments:

cotnob said...

A pretty Christmas card Kate, such a lovely winter scene.
I hope you enjoy your evening.
Pauline
x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kate, your card is lovely - I like the pretty winter scene. Like you, I wonder just how I found time to go out to work especially at this time of year - there seems so much to do. I'm never sure I'll be done by the big day but if it isn't all done it will be just too bad!!! I'll try to remember to tune in on 19th December but it will probably be in the car because we will be delivering presents to my daughter and family that day. Hope you're enjoying your wee dram and Rillington Place. Elizabeth xx

pam said...

Wonderful Christmas card Kate, I`ll be glad when Christmas cards are finished with..
Pam x

Darnell said...

What a lovely Christmas scene, Kate! A welcoming and warm house and a well-dressed Snowman at the ready to say hello when you visit! I love it! Your singing events this time of year must be especially fun. I wish I could hear you. (But perhaps you could say "singing for all your worth," rather than "singing your wee heart out?" You know, considering what the charity is about? Haha, couldn't resist that!) Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card Kate, we are all done now apart from food shopping. Enjoy your day.
Hugs
Linda xxx

meg said...

A really festive snow scene Kate, I hope we don't get that much snow although just little would be nice, will try and remember to tune in on Monday, enjoy your Caralthon

brenda said...

Yes indeed to your comment on Rillington Place Kate, yet to watch the last episode, might catch up on it this evening.

A lovely Seasonal creation again and perfect winter scene.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

What a fabulous card Kate, love that stamped image and the wonderful cool Christmas feeling. Hope all's good your way.x{aNNie}

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a lovely long read your post is today. Hope the Carol singing goes well. Gorgeous card

Jane said...

A great card Kate and like you, one more for the better-half to make. Have a great day xx

Pamellia said...

When we had our big house, it took me a full week to decorate. It was a full time job! Now that we have this tiny place, it only takes a couple of hours (not even room for a tree). On one hand, it's nice to not dread pulling out all those boxes. On the other hand, I really really miss a fully decorated tree and house! Your card is just lovely, great wintery image! Have fun carolling! hugs :)

Sandy said...

Two of my most favorite things - old houses and snowmen! Well I really should say 3 of my most favorite things - SNOW!! Delightful card Kate.

What in the world is Alistair's music group. You both seem to stay quite busy.

Merry Christmas Kate to you and your family!
sandy xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Beautiful card. I've got Mr Ds birthday and Christmas cards to do but I'm all carded out lol! Will have to see if we can get Radio Scotland here.
Ang x

Diane said...

Your card is lovely Kate, wow you have been busy. I am still laughing about Alistair's comment, men really do think differently than women.

Happy Holidays

Hugs Diane

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Lovely Christmas scene and the snowflake die cut is perfect with it. Cheers, xx

scrappymo! said...

What a wonderful Christmas scene here, Kate. This is such a lovely card.

Your choir must be so happy to have been chosen for this program. What an honour Wish I lived in Scotland. I would love to watch it.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Kate and yours arrived safely today thank you.
It's a nice feeling to have all the cards finished and pressies sorted. I hope you have a wonderful festive period and wish you and yours a Happy New Year!
Lorraine

Erika said...

A super card Kate, love the snowy scene and the added snowflake ribbon and dies.
I think I have heard your choir at the centre before, it was amazing. I won't get over Saturday though as I'm working. I hope it all goes well but I am sure it will.

Hugs Erika. x

rachel said...

a wonderful card Kate - and wow - goodluck with the singing! hugs rachel x

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Hiya great to catch up. Great post. Hope carol singing went well. Mad here doing catch up. Not sure where the time is going

X

Sue said...

What a cute scene you have created. Love it..

Hugs
Sue