Sunday 13 December 2015

Christmas Deer for the CCC!

Hello Crafting Buddies, and how are you all this Saturday, well I hope.

Well, has your week been as hectic as mine?? I just don't know where the time has gone, and I don't know really what I've done.  I' have managed to get almost all of the Christmas cards written, a job I hate, love making them, but not writing or addressing them, but all but a couple are done and posted.

Now I'm here to post the Christmas Card Club's last card of the year and this time the choice was from Zoe and it's Anything Goes, so easy peasy;
Using an Imagination Crafts Stencil and their Glitter Paste, DI and paper from LOTV, I whipped up this little scene. only added a little Liquid Pearls to give the impression of snow felt it didn't need anything else.

I'm going to schedule this post for tomorrow Sunday when the CCC goes live, when the other members will be sharing their cards.  Being a part of the CCC is a great way to keep ahead of Christmas card making, so why not join us next year. All you need to do is click on any of the members blog and get some info.

Off now to do some ironing, while Columbo is on, I just love him.
Thank you all so much for your kind comments on my last card, I will have to try and catch up on your blogs.
Enjoy your weekend whatever your doing, and see you next week, take care everyone




19 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

I love your card Kate. Writing and addressing cards really is the most awful chore isn't? Ugh. But I think I have done now at last. You made me smile and think of my dad because he, too, loved Columbo! Hugs Christine xx

Zoe Tant said...

Well done Kate on writing all your cards. Like you it's not my favourite job but I love sharing crafting with others so a necessary part of the good bits. Super card, love the dear. Happy Christmas to you and yours, hugs Zx

Rita said...

Beautiful scenic card Kate. Just exactly what it is like outside our house, without the dear of course. Have a Lovely time over Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year. Hugs Rita xxxx

Sandy said...

Beautiful card Kate - I have listened to the Inverness Choral Society CD several times and will listen to it a lot more! Absolutely grand and I love it!! Thank you so much!!
Sandy xx

meg said...

Beautiful card Kate it is such a peaceful scene,love everything about it. We have deer visit the garden usually in the early hours of the morning 2-3 ish lovely to see them but they stripped my young holly tree to bark last year, it now has leaves again so I hope they leave it alone this year

Carol said...

This is a beautiful wintery scene Kate...a gorgeous card. Hope you have a great Christmas. Carol x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous scenic card Kate, love it
Lorraine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Getting the cards all done and dusted is a lovely feeling isn't it?
A lovely card for our theme this week Kate, love the stencil and your colour scheme.
A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lorraine

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, such a wonderful winter scene.
Isn't it funny how we love to make our cards but dislike writing them, perhaps we should write in them throughout the year as we make them!
Pauline
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is beautiful. I love the little scene and the colours are lovely

rachel said...

this looks beautiful Kate - I love this stencil - nice to see it again!!! Big hugs to you! Rachel x

pam said...

Beautiful scene Christmas card Kate, love the layout..
I also hate writing Christmas cards up! do most of my sentiments on PC but still have to sort out and address.
Hugs Pam x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Gorgeous card. That's a lovely Winter scene you have created.
Love Colombo. I can watch the same ones over and over lol!
Best wishes.
Ang x

Mrs A. said...

That's the part of the job I hate the most too. Mine are all done and dusted now so the pressure is off. Any I make now will be for next years stock pile. Love this card. The blue and brown look super together and your little scene is just right. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and a Crafty time in 2016. Hugs Mrs A.

Patricia said...

Good morning Kate,
I don't know where my Sunday went and now it's Monday.
Love, love, love, your stunning card, so beautifully says Chrsitmas.
Say warm and safe.
Patricia xxx

MaryH said...

It's gorgeous! Love your stenciling with this very wintery scene, and what a great job you did with this one. The color choices work so well to create a brrrr feel with the bare trees and solitary deer. Also enjoyed the picture of the kitty by the fire! TFS & Merry Christmas. (and yes, it was hectic last week, and will be again this week I think!) Hugs

Sue said...

The scene you created on your card is magical, so the sentiment is perfect too, Kate.

Hugs
Sue

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
Fabulous Xmas Card... I love Anything goes....
Merry Christmas to you
Hugs Sylvie xx

Erika said...

Oooh Kate I love how you've used this stencil. A perfect wintery scene. I too don't know where the days are going just now, it's crazy. Looking forwards to putting my feet up later next week.

Hugs Erika. x