Monday 2 February 2015

Pansies for Mother's Day!

Good Afternoon lovely Friends and Visitors, thank you for popping by to see what I'm doing. Thank You too for all the lovely comments on my last card, I do appreciate them.

I hope you are all keeping well, but sending out kind thought to those who are not.
  
It's really cold up here, small flurries of snow, but nothing much.  Went for another walk yesterday in Daviot woods, but I think we were in the wrong bit of the woods as we couldn't find the paths, so it meant us walking through snow, but it was lovely nevertheless.I am really enjoying getting out and about at the weekend, even although I've lots to do, I just say to pot with it, the house can wait and apart from going out to work I was becoming too house bound.  The other thing I love is eating outside, stopping to have a nice flask of coffee and a sandwich and a wee bit of chocolate surrounded by scenery and nature is so uplifting. Then back home for some wonderful steak pie, cabbage, mashed potatoes with carrot and turnip mixed through, fabby, didn't even feel the need for a dessert.  That was my Sunday, now here is my card for today;
I was asked to make a Mother's Day card and here is what I came up with.
It's more Hunkydory, can't remember the name of the  collection, but it's all flowery.
All I've added is blue card, ribbon, gems and a hand written sentiment son to SP Petite labels.

I always feel sad when I do Mother's Day cards, miss my own mum very much at this time, we always made a big day of it.

Off now to make something hearty for tonight's dinner, Alistair is up an mountain so he will need warming up when he gets home and foods' the best way, certainly a way to Alistair's heart, Ha Ha!

Hope to see you soon, back to work tomorrow though, so I don't expect to get much crafting done for a few days.
Cheerio 


29 comments:

Erika said...

No snow here either Kate but it keeps trying!
A lovely Mother's day card, you can't go wrong with flowers.

Have a good Monday, hugs Erika. x

Diane said...

Greetings Kate, your walk sound wonderful, chilly but worth the effort. What a fun Mother's Day design, fabulous pansies, trim and paper.

Hugs Diane

Doreen said...

Gorgeous colours and image,love this.xxx

Jacee said...

Super card Kate, so pretty, love those flowers!
hugs jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

cotnob said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday - you've made me feel very hungry!
Your card is beautiful, such pretty pansies and papers.
Pauline
x

Carol said...

Sounds like a lovely day yesterday Kate. Your card is very pretty, those pansies look so real. We've had a lovely day here...no sign of any snow! Carol x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Kate, I love the pansies and beautiful detailing.
hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

This is lovely! Love those pansies!!
Lucy x

Lorraine said...

A lovely card Kate. the pansies look gorgeous.
Lorraine x

pam said...

Beautiful Mothers day card Kate, pretty image and colours.
weather here is bitterly cold but dry.
Pam

rachel said...

a beautiful make Kate. Really beautiful. I know what you mean about sitting in the hills with a flask and a buttie - perfect - I look forward to the weather being good enough again. Big hugs rachel x

Marie-Louise said...

Your walk sounds great as did your lovely warming dinner. I love your card.

Shona Hamill said...

Fab card Kate and sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday. Shona xx

Hazel said...

Kate like you I to would love to be able make a card for my mum, your card is lovely. Well I handed my notice in at work, told her to find some else to do the job, after she didn't think it was right I was claiming the milage on the 781 miles I did for them last month. So I hope she finds some one quick as I am not staying. Needless to say my blood pressure is we'll up tonight . Hazel x

Unknown said...

These pansies are so real looking, super card.
Our pretty snow is just ridges of ice now on the pavements, but the hills look so pretty when they are all white.
Cheers
Janice W

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card and goodies added and I just love pansies..xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

We have no snow here either Kate which isn't unusual for us but I guess it must be a bit for you. Oh yum steak pie sounds delicious. A really pretty card for Mother's Day Kate I love those pansies. Susan x

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Kate, love those super Pansies.
Great colours and design.
Glad you are enjoying your walks sounds good to me. However I am the opposite I could quite easily "hibernate" not really worry about getting out. Needs must and I do go out to get the shopping.
Now the hearty meal of Steak Pie does excite!!!
Might just have similar for our dinner tonight.
Hugs a plenty
Patricia x

Pop's Cards said...

This is simply stunning sweetie hugs Pops x

Queenie Jeannie said...

What a lovely card! Lots of color and texture - simply perfect!!! Sounds like you had a perfect Sunday, while I was pretty much a lazy bumpkin. I really don't like the cold, and it's very, very cold and snowy out just now.

Have a wonderful week!

meg said...

Beautiful card Kate, love the spring flowers and colours. Love walking when its crisp dry and cold but not in this rainy weather

Rita said...

Fabulous card Kate. Like you I miss my dear Mum every day. No snow at all here. Hugs Rita xxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Sorry, I couldn't help laughing when I read about you stopping for a tea, sandwich and wee. . . before the sentence moved onto the next line lol!
It is lovely to get out into the fresh air isn't it?
Your card is beautiful. I love pansies and I too miss my Mum dreadfully (and my Dad).
Hope you enjoyed your dins.
Ang x

Sandy said...

I know one thing, your card is beautiful and your steak pie sounds delicious.
I'm afraid I will not have time to walk outside or work in my craft room for a good while. We move to another state the end of March. Days will be full.
Once again, your card is so pretty!
Sandy xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
no snow here in my part of the South of England either, but it does keep flurrying though.
Beautiful creation for Mother's Day.
Love the fab pot of Pansies.
Great design as always.
I too wish my Mum was here for me to make her a card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, your card is beautiful. Love the pretty flower pot and paper. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs Anet x

Peanut said...

So prett, Kate. Perfect for Mother's Day.
hugs, Asha

downrightcrafty said...

great card Kate and love those papers
hugs Kate x

Sue said...

Love pansies, and this is a wonderful Mom's Day card. I know, I too miss my Mom, especially on that Day. But, by making this card for someone else you will make someone's Mom very happy with this beautiful card.

Hugs
Sue