Sunday 8 February 2015

Mushrooms!

Good Evening to all my Blogging Friends, and Visitors too.  I hope all is well with you and that you've had a good Sunday.  Mine has been spent nursing the invalid. Thank you for the kind wishes for Alistair, he's still not right, well he's not been that for a while, ha ha, so he's had another day in bed. As always he feels worse at night.

Thank you too for all the super comments on my last card, it makes the blogging thingy all worth while.

Today was one of bits of house work and and some crafting and having a mad fifteen minutes with Teallach, well he was having the mad time racing around the house, jumping up on furniture, jumping over me, I was on the floor, and playing pawball.  He loves playing with is toys and it's so amusing. Difficult getting up off the floor though!

Ang you were asking what Wabbit meant, it's a Scot's word for exhausted, knackered, done in, it encompasses all of these words, hope that explanation helps.

My card for today;

This is my card for the Colour Challenge at Chocolate Baroque, and I have to say that I am not too sure about it, you know what it's like there is an idea in your head, but translating it on to paper just sometimes doesn't happen, this is one of those times. However, I've decided to go with it.
Images are from CB Borders Set, coloured with Prismacolour pencils and SN. using various colours of ink I brayered the background then sprinkled water on it. Then stamped the trees from the same set, with Versamark in Sepia, attempting to make a forest look. finished off with Liquid Pearls in Chestnut and Star Dust.

Well I'm pretty tired tonight, must be running up and down the stairs, so I'm off to bed pretty soon. I'm reading Wolf Hall just now and loving it, also watching it on TV and ejoying that too, so I'll get in a few pages before my eyes close.
Cheerio for now,

I would like to enter my card into;
http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/challenge-7.html

25 comments:

Carol said...

Lovely stamping and colouring Kate, love the colour palette. Carol x

rachel said...

gorgeous make Kate - sounds like you're busy with Alistair - hope he feels better soon! Hugs Rachel x

pam said...

Another fabulous card Kate, love the stamping and wonderful colours.
Pam

Rita said...

Fabulous card Kate. The colours look wonderful. Hope Alistair is on the mend. Take Care of yourself too. Hugs Rita xxx

Sue said...

Take care of yourself Kate and I hope Alistair is back on his feet soon..love your card you have used some great colours..huggles Sue xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate a fabulous card I love the toadstool images. I hope you had a better night with the patient! Hugs Susan x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate, I love the scene you have created.
I hope Alistair is feeling better soon.
hugs Sue xx

Patricia said...

A super card Kate, what fantastic colours. Know exactly what you mean by the thought in your head and the results in your hand!!! However great results have been achieved.
Oh! dear! poor Aliatair and of course poor you running after his needs!!! Just remember the "fitness" aspect of the excersise running up and down the stairs!!!
Have a great day,
Hugs for both of you

Patricia xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, I just love your creation today, big hugs Pops x

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous card Kate, fantastic colours. Marlene

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning work of art Kate and love the colour combo.xx

{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Sue said...

I love your background and the mushroom patch. Mushrooms are big right now and of course you're right there with them!
Surprised you had time to create with a sick hubby, they tend to become very needy when they are down.....

Hugs
Sue

meg said...

You have created a fantastic woodland scene Kate, love the trees and those wonderful beautifully coloured mushrooms. Take care hope Alistair is feeling better today,
Meg

Erika said...

Love your mushrooms, fab card.

Happy Monday, hugs Erika. x

Darnell said...

You've done an enchanting card, Kate! Those mushrooms are really phenomenal!! I do hope Alistair feels better soon! Hugs, Darnell

Sandy said...

What a clever card - very well done too!
Now don't you go getting Alistair's cold!!
Sandy xx

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Kate, I love your colourful mushrooms and the forest background that you have created for them.
I hope Alistair is soon feeling better.
Pauline
x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Love the autumnal feel to your card. . . Your favourite time of year too!
No wonder you're shattered running around after your two boys.
Thanks for the explanation. I'm in a permanent state of wabbit these days lol!
Take care.
Ang x

Norma said...

Hello Kate,
I'm sorry to hear Alistair has not been feeling well but I'll be wishing for speedy recovery:) Your card is so lovely and I'm sorry I've been MIA, life has been very busy:) TFS and have a great evening.
Hugs,
Norma

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Kate, thanks for your woodland forest entry into the Chocolate Baroque challenge. Great dimension, and a super salt background. Judith xx

MaryH said...

Fun design, and wonderful coloring. Always love it when you explain those Scottish words, and I missed this one! Love the Wabbit! We are supposed to be having Wolf Hall available on our PBS soon, and I didn't realize there is a book, so thanks for that info. That period of time fascinates me. Hope Alistair soon feels better, and yes, night time is always so much worse. Seems as though the congestion worsens at night. Big hugs, hope you don't catch it. TFS

Peanut said...

GORGEOUS! Love your take on the colours for the challenge. Well done, Kate!
hugs, Asha

Flo Langley said...

Super card Kate. I know exactly what you mean about getting ideas out of your head onto card. I think we all go through that from time to time. Love how you have used the trees in the background and their placement. Fab idea to use the mushrooms as a focal piece. Really lovely design. Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge.
Flo x

Flo Langley said...

Super card Kate. I know exactly what you mean about getting ideas out of your head onto card. I think we all go through that from time to time. Love how you have used the trees in the background and their placement. Fab idea to use the mushrooms as a focal piece. Really lovely design. Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge.
Flo x