Friday 27 February 2015

Fairy and Angus, Friday's Oldie!

Good Morning to Everyone, Friday once again, the days...ney the weeks are flying by so quickly. Almost in to March! I am however not grumbling as we are going away in March for a cruise on the Norwegian Fjords and I am so looking forward to it. Just what we both need.
Anyway for now we are both trying to get well, and we are, I'm feeling better although coughing and nose blowing is still going on, but Alistair's gout is easing, so thank you for all your get well wishes.
Thank you too for the lovely comments on the Christening card.

I'm here with my "Oldie for Friday", Yes I remembered this morning, I'm a bit mixed up with what day it is, if one thing work does for you is that it keeps you correct about the day of the week ones on.    Oldie for Friday started with Erika of Snappy Crafts showing craft projects from an earlier time in her crafting career and inviting others to join her and a few of have. It doesn't have to be a card, it can be anything you've made.  Here is a card from my earlier days;
I've used one of the lovely fairy images from LOTV and coloured with Promarkers. I would think it's a SB embossing folder, and matted on to some rainbow coloured card. WO carnations, Flower Soft Sentiment. There must be glitter on her wings but can't bee seen.

Have you got plans for the weekend?  If the weather isn't too bad we are thinking of going up to Skye for the day. I feel the need for a different bit of scenery other than the houses across from us. If we leave a decent time in the morning we can have a good part of the day, taking a picnic with us and finding somewhere beautiful to stop.  A few year I used to go to Skye to ride Clydesdale horses, they are the most beautiful big beasts and I felt like a pea on top of a mountain. I always got the same horse and he was such a gentle giant and took great care of me, he loved to splash in the sea which we would go down to on our ride out.  The horses are no longer there though, they moved down to the Lake District. Here is a photo of me and Angus;
Don't know why the photo has scanned like this, but you can at leaset see him.

I hope you are all well and that whatever you do have a fab weekend. Take care of yourselves,

22 comments:

Erika said...

Hi Kate, thanks for joining me in sharing an oldie today. A beautiful fairy card and perfect girl colours, love the sparkle on the wings.

Your upcoming cruise sounds amazing.
Best get better for that!

Enjoy your trip over to Skye, we've had a couple of lovely holidays over there, it's beautiful if you get the weather. Love your photo too.

Have a super weekend,

Hugs Erika. x

Hazel said...

Kate, what a great "oldie" love the fairy I age which you have coloured beautifully. Oh you look like you just loved being up on Angus, there are about 8 young heavy horses in the field near work, I just love seeing them. Hope the two of you have a good day out, you are right a grange will do you good. Hazel x

Doreen said...

Love the image and fab details, just gorgeous.xxx

Sandy said...

Hey Kate! How lucky you are to have such a nice cruise for a vacation. And boy, do I ever envy you being able to ride a Clydesdale. I have never even be able to pet one and I love them so much! But I sure am glad I don't have to muck their stalls!
I am so glade you both are feeling better.
Beautiful card Sugar!
Sandy xx

Patricia said...

Good evening Kate,
Brilliant card I love the "fairy" she is pretty, and a great design.
Glad your both feeling better and getting ready for your cruise.
Enjoy your day if you manage to get away.
Great photo of you and Angus, love it
Hugs

Patricia x

Carol said...

A beautiful oldie Kate, so pretty. Pleased to hear you're both feeling better and hope you get a nice day tomorrow/Sunday to have your outing to Skye...somewhere I haven't been yet! Carol x

Rita said...

What a great card Kate. Glad to hear you are both feeling better. A day out to Skye seems just the ticket to making you feel better too. We have rain forecast for us in. Ayrshire. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs Rita xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a really great Oldie for Friday.
I love your fairy image and your design is wonderful too.
My that is such a big horse.
You both hurry up and get all well for that cruise.
I'm off to a posh place for my granddaughter's baby shower on Sunday.
Have stolen one of Hazel's ideas of the Nappy Cake to make for her.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

This is such a pretty golden oldie Kate, I have decided to join in today with the first card that I ever published on my blog!
I'm pleased to hear that you are both feeling a little better.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline
x

pam said...

Hi Kate, beautiful fairy card, love the floral spray.
Wow that is a large horse..would`nt get me on one..LOL..
glad you are a bit better..
Pam

Marie-Louise said...

Really lovely card Kate. Hope the weekend is better with you. The forecast here is not great for Saturday and dreadful for Sunday. Clydesdales are the most beautiful animals. Weren't you lucky to get to ride one as often as you did.

rachel said...

super card Kate - hope you have a great visit to Skye and the Fjords sound wonderful - wow!!! Big Hugs rachel xx

aussie aNNie said...

Delightful creation Kate with a pretty image used and gorgeous colour combo's....Those papers and added goods are so suited. Beautiful creation.xx
{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate. Love the image and colours. Glad to hear you are both feeling a bit better.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

vic said...

Hi Kate :) oh this is super sweet I love the layered die cuts and the fairy image is lovely a gorgeous card :)
Oohh have a lovely time on your cruise and I'm glad your feeling better
Hugs
Vic x

meg said...

Love the fairy Kate,she looks so delicate , and the colours you chose are perfect

Darnell said...

Your fairy card is stunning, Kate, and just as relevant today! Fairies never go out of style!

I'm sorry you are still not fully recovered, but pleased to hear that Alistair is doing better with the gout. Your trip to the Fjords sounds wonderful! I hope you were able to get out and enjoy a lovely day. I'm green with envy that you used to go ride a Clydesdale by the sea! What a wonderful blessing!! Take care and I hope you are 100% well soon! Hugs, Darnell

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
You can most definitely see the glitter on your pretty fairy and what a magical photo of you and Angus.
Hope that the weather held out for you yesterday.
Have a great weekend.
Ang x

Sue said...

Such a pretty card Kate and I love those horses too such gentle giants..I've been to the fjords a long time ago when I was a teenager they are absolutely stunning you will have a fabulous time..and hubby sends his sympathy to Alistair for his gout he suffers too he said it's so painful lots of huggles Sue xxxx

Mrs A. said...

Hope you enjoy your cruise. Hubby suffers from gout too and gets so irritable with it. Love that rainbow paper you have used on the backing card. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate, the image is so beautiful and I love the pretty colours too.
hugs Sue xx

Sue said...

Pretty fairy and flowers. Colors are soft and pretty too.

Hugs
Sue
LOVE the picture of you on that giant horse!!!