Sunday 23 November 2014

Pine Cone Wreath!

Good Afternoon Everyone, and a lovely clear, crisp wintry day it is up here in Inverness, the light is gorgeous too, so much better than the dark and gloomy days we've been having recently.

Hoping everyone is fit and well, but just in case here  are kind thoughts and Hugs in the hope that you'll feel better soon.
Thank you for the comments on my last card, I do appreciate your time in visiting and commenting, in this busy life we all lead.

I'm having a quiet day, I always do the day after the concert, the long day fairly takes it out of you, even although it's an enjoyable thing to do and I love it.  The concert was a success, we did very well going by the applause we receive and our soloists were wonderful. A longer piece of music than normal, with very high notes for Sopranos, but thankfully no sore throat today.  So that's done and dusted, now we begin rehearsals for our Carolthon, which we do every year to raise money for ourselves and a charity of choice, this year it's Sight Action. I've never heard of them, but it sounds a good charity to choose.  We sing Christmas carols all day in the Eastgate Centre which is our main shopping mall in Inverness, and it raises quite amount of money. Last year we managed to raise over £4000 so it's worth while to do.

I got an early Christmas gift from Alistair today, an Xcut die cutting machine. I just wanted money towards it, but he just bought it out right, he tried to put it away till Christmas, but I wasn't having any of that.  I have a Big Shot which I love, but can't use larger dies and embossing folders, and although I mostly do 6x6 cards just sometimes a larger one is needed. So I'm a very happy bunny today.

So on to today's card;
Using another new NEC acquisition from Card-io, their new Pine Cone stamp along with the branch stamp from Oriental Blossoms set. The bird stamp is from the Winter Walk set, and stamped with Versarmark in.   Dark Brown card and gold Mirri.  This was a lovely card to make and I do love Card-io stamps, so easy to use.  The Sentiment is CC from their freebies with their magazine Star Dust to give a bit of sparkle. I hope you like it.

I'm off now to have a visit around your blogs, enjoy the remainder of your Sunday and see you soon.



28 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a lovely card Kate, the stamp looks gorgeous and the way you have glittered it up looks stunning. A great early Christmas present, you will love using the bigger dies and EB folders.
Lorraine

Shona Hamill said...

Hi Kate, yes it's been a gorgeous day here in Inverness today. Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday and Alistair has also hit the right note with his early Christmas present! What a beautiful card and stamps, very effective. Shona xx

vic said...

This is a gorgeous Christmas card Kate I'm so glad the concert went well I hope you have a lovely Sunday
Hugs
Vic xx

Hazel said...

Oh Kate I can see you having fun with your XCut!!! It takes a wee bit of playing with to get to know what number setting to use, but have fun. I love mine. Love your card is gorgeous. Glad the concert went well last night. Hazel x

Diane said...

Greetings Kate, sounds like you will be getting good use of your new XCut. Love the stunning Pine Cone stamp design.

Hugs diane

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate. The wreath looks fabulous. Glad the concert went well.
Lorraine x

Patricia said...

Beautiful card using your stamps, I really like it.
Oooo!!! You lucky lady, enjoy your new machine. I know Hazel loves her XCut.
Glad all went well at the concert.
Would love to try getting up for the Carolathon, will need to chat to Sis!! also wait and see what the weather will be like. We had a beautiful day here today as well. It makes such a difference to see the sun.
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Kate. Lucky you getting a new die cutting machine. Enjoy.

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous Christmas card, your Pine Cone Wreath is beautiful.
I'm so pleased to hear that the concert went well.
Pauline
x

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card Kate. I love your wreath design and gorgeous festive colours.
I am pleased the concert went well. The Carolthon sounds like a wonderful thing to be involved in and how lovely to raise so much money.
hugs Sue xx

pam said...

Beautiful Christmas card Kate, lovely stamps you have used..
glad your concert went well.
pam

Carol said...

A beautiful card Kate and lucky you having Santa come early. Carol x

scrappymo! said...

My goodness Kate...this is so beuaitul. I love the layers to the stamps and the birds are a lovely addition. Love how you glittered/embossed the pine cone wreath!

Your choral group does such great fundraising. Must be lovely to listen to as people Xmas shop!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate what a gorgeous card, love the sparkle you added! I have some of these stamps and really must dig them out! So pleased your concert went well. Susan x

Jacee said...

Lovely design Kate
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card Kate and that sweet image is coloured perfectly. Love the card design. You are lucky to get an early Christmas present, lovely..xxx
aNNie The Journey is the Start

Unknown said...

Stunning card!!
Oh I love hearing Carol singers and great you raise so much money!
Lucy x

Erika said...

Good to hear your concert went well Kate and no sore throat afterwards. That is a great amount of money raised with your carol singing in the centre too.
Enjoy your new machine, what a lovely early Christmas present.
I love this card the wreath is beautiful. great combination of stamping. It is just perfect for Christmas.

Enjoy the rest of your day, hugs Erika. x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, wow AmAzInG!! hugs Pops x x x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Love, love love this. They had run out of this set by lunchtime at the NEC first day and were getting more sent down for the Friday. Card-io let me order it on line and refunded the postage to me. . . . .how good are they? Love their stamps and you have more than done them justice here.
Nice one Alastair!
Ang x

MaryH said...

Kate, big Hugs to Alistair for being such a great guy & gifting you with such a useful new toy! I'm glad you convinced him to let you have it early so you can use it for your Christmas cards. Your concert sounded divine...wish I could have heard the music. Glad you got a chance to rest up. Loved this pretty pine cone wreath and what fun to know you got it at the NEC show. It made a lovely card. Glad you are having a good-weather day. Our Monday is much nicer than the dark rainy Sunday. I always feel more cheery when the sun is shining. TFS & Hugs.

meg said...

Love the card Kate the pine wreath is so beautiful, and I adore the colours. Glad you had a successful concert When is your Carolthon ? I try to have a days shopping in Inverness in December and it would be lovely to hear the choir. Take care Meg

Sue said...

Sounds like you got spoiled before Christmas! Good for you. Your card i lovely. The pine cone looks fabulous and the mirri paper adds the perfect touch.

Hugs
Sue

Sandy said...

Where do I start? I am so glad your concert went well, only wish I could make a visit to your mall to hear you sing there!
You have a new play toy!!! How exciting and how sweet is Alistair.
Your card is so pretty Kate - very delicate looking.
Sandy xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
I'm a bit late commenting on this beautifully designed card.
Love those wonderful stamps and your fab card made with them.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such a fabulous wreath, glad the concert went well!

Warm hugs
Maarit

rachel said...

a beautiful card Kate - I keep eyeing up these lovely stamps from card -io - wonderful make xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Congratulations on your wonderful gift from Alistair. Your card is beautiful, I love the pretty wreath image. Hugs Anet x