Monday 22 September 2014

Under the Sea!

Hello My Crafty Friends, here we are at the beginning of another week, I hope you all had a good weekend whatever you had planned.

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments you've made on my CCC card, I have to say I loved everyone that had been made, it was a super Challenge, so thanks for that Christine.

I have managed to get some crafting done today, in between housework of course, and it's been a super day for getting washing done and out.  It's now the ironing, but that's for another day.

I've got Choral practise tonight, lots of high notes to reach, some of which I don't make, top As for goodness sake, just as well some of the sopranos can reach them.  It's a lovely piece of music though, Bach's Christmas Oratorio and our concert is in November.

So on to my card, I decided to make one to enter into;
I've used images from The Mermaid Queen Set, and tried to keep to the challenge colours, but introduced blue as we were under the sea.
Prismacolour Pencils and DI
Mesh, Ribbon and seahorse charm from The Ribbon Girl
Hobby House Pearls
Pion Papers
Star Dust and Liquid Pearls.

I must take blending lessons though, I never get it just right, but I'm pleased with it all the same.

Right I'm away now to get the dinner seen to, see you all soon.
I would like to enter my card into the ;
http://chocolatebaroquechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/challenge-three.html

25 comments:

Sue said...

I really enjoyed Christine's challenge too Kate it was fun. Love this card you have made love the way you have laid it all out:) Many years ago..far too many now LOL I used to be a soprano in our school choir when it came to the really high notes my music teacher would look straight at me and up went her finger in the air as if to say youuuu better hit it hahaha have fun night Kate lots of huggles Sue xxx

Doreen said...

Love the image colours and fab details,just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Chocolate Baroque.xxx

Lorraine said...

A fabulous card Kate. The image and design look gorgeous.
Lorraine x

Hazel said...

Another lovely card Kate. Enjoy your evening. Hazel x

Sandra said...

Lovely scene you have created.
Sandra

Marlene Atkinson said...

a gorgeous card Kate.I love the colours and image. Marlene

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate. I love the images and your design is wonderful.
hugs Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a very lovely card.
Loving your fab design and the clours are fabulous.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

rachel said...

fabulous card Kate - lovely make - hugs Rachel x

Patricia said...

Good morning Kate,
Sorry I am behind with my comments, so busy here at the moment.
What a sunning make, I love what you have done. Great colours and brilliant design.
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate what a beautifully designed card. Love the seahorse and mermaid image and the hessian is perfect with it! Susan x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I've always loved seahorses and he looks great in your beautiful underwater scene. The bubble stamp really brings it to life too.
Lorraine

Erika said...

Hi Kate, I love this card, fab images and bubbles. As for blending, less is more, dab your sponge first on copy paper so you put less on your project and build it up.
Hope you managed to hit those high notes at practise....I think I'd smash something if I tried!

Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

Wendy Fraser said...

Wow, what a stunning card Kate, love the colour combo xx

MaryH said...

The Winter Wonderland was a fun challenge & thanks to Christine for selecting that theme. I love your undersea card. You've certainly captured the light that can come down through the water and those bubbles are super. Looked to me like your blending was just fine, and this is one very pretty card. Glad that you got some house chores done too! TFS & Hugs

Sue said...

WOW, Kate, love your card. The Seahorse is wonderful, along with all the texture and color on the card. Awesome!

Hugs
sue

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful underwater scene and the background is gorgeous and suits it very well. Thanks for playing in Chocolate Baroque's colour challenge, Shirleyx

Diane said...

Greetings Kate, what a a gorgeous image, the bubbles are so fun.

Hugs diane

downrightcrafty said...

super image and love the papers
hugs Kate x

meg said...

Beautiful card Kate the challenge colours were ideal for your image the bubbles made me feel as though I was under the sea love it

vic said...

Hi Kate wow I love the underwater card and all your gorgeous colours it's beautiful :)
Have a lovely evening
Hugs
Vic xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, your card is gorgeous. I love your background blending and the pretty image. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs Anet x

Sandy said...

Wonderful Kate! I can feel as if I am swimming with them!!!
Sandy xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Kate. Great to see you joining in the fun again this month. Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge.xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Super design Kate, great texture on your card. Thanks for entering the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx