Friday 19 September 2014

Snowflake, an "Oldie for Friday"!

Good Morning to You All,  I hope you and yours are well, but thoughts for speedy recoveries going out to those who are going through difficult times just now.

We are a bit of a sad household this morning, the referendum vote didn't go our way, but onward and upward as they say and hopefully there will be another opportunity in my lifetime.  However, on the bright side, we know we can waken up in the morning and know we can face another day without being hit by bombs, suffer starvation and killer viruses unlike some people, and that puts it all very much in perspective.

So it's Friday and time for my "Oldie",
This card was inspired by Erika of http://snappycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Who incidentally began the Oldie for Friday post.  Erika was a demonstrator for Personal Expressions a wee while back and came along to our local craft shop to demonstrate and she make this sort of card.
I was so impressed by it, it wanted to have a go.  As you can see it's focal point is a SB Snowflake.

It wasn't as good as Erika's, but it was early on in my career with dies.


Do join us in these posts, it's great looking back at our earlier creations.

Heading into another weekend, and off work for five days, yippee!  Off to a concert tonight, which we will certainly enjoy, a bite to eat before that and maybe a wee glass of wine in the interval.  Gosh Alistair and I really live at the wire.  Not that much else planned, but I'm sure something will turn up.

Thank you all for your fab comments on my last card, your very kind, and about the state of play at my work, don't worry, I don't get stressed these days, thankfully, it's only a job and taking care of my well being is more important.

22 comments:

vic said...

Oohh pretty card Kate love the die :) ahh let's hope you will be able to vote sometime in the future again it was so close!!
Big hugs
Vic xx

Patricia said...

Good morning Kate,
A really beautiful,elegant card, love it.
Not the result lots will have wanted but as you say we can wake every day knowing we are safe.

Thank you for your lovely wishes
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Kate,
Agree with you re the vote, but very interesting to see the percentage who voted, amazing. Some day, perhaps.
Like the card, I think we are always more critical of our own,
Enjoy your weekend
Janice W

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL card Kate, love the gorgeous soft look to it.xxThe Journey is the Start

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate. Lovely embossing and dies.
Lorraine x

Rita said...

Stunning card Kate. Love the white on white. Enjoy your Evening out too. Hugs Rita xxx

Diane said...

Good morning Kate, Wonderful white design with the fun embossed background and gorgeous snowflake.

Hugs Diane

Erika said...

Hi Kate and I think your snowflake card is fab. I love the textured background too.
I do miss catching up with crafty folk like I did when demonstrating and of course playing with all the lovely products but I seem to be spending more and more time in my proper job! ;)
Enjoy your night out and the concert, I think a wee drink in the interval is a must!
I'm working tomorrow so another quiet one for me.

Have a super weekend, hugs Erika. x

Erika said...

I forgot to add something, whoops!
Thanks for joining me in sharing an oldie. x

Hugs Erika.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate. The snowflake makes a stunning focal point and I love the embossed background.
I hope you enjoy your time off.
hugs Sue xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
a really super oldie today.
I love the fab design of this excellent creation.
I do hope you enjoy your evening out at the concert.
Have a wonderful weekend off.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jacee said...

Very stylish Kate, love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Hazel said...

Kate I love your card. I thought it was one you had just made as the folder and die are very like the new ones that are out. Hazel xx

pam said...

hi Kate, this is a beautiful card, love the snowflake.
pam

rachel said...

hiya Kate - love your oldie for friday - brilliant. sorry the vote didn't go your way - I have many friends who are very sad - about the same who are very happy though! Thanks so much for your continued support - had more improvements today but the bottom line is still very grim. we have to hope though x

Marie-Louise said...

Super card Kate.

MaryH said...

Your snowflake is beautiful & elegant, and absolutely perfecto as far as I can see. This is one beautiful card. I'm loving your tiny penguin graphic at the bottom of your post too. Hope you soon feel better about the vote decision. You have the right perspective about the bombing, viruses, etc. It's always good to remind ourselves of the blessings we have. TFS & happy wkend. Hugs

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate a beautiful WOW card, love the embossed background. Sorry the vote didn't go your way. Enjoy your days off though! Susan x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Wouldn't have thought this an oldie. Its lovely and the snowflake so pretty.
Democracy at work chuck but as you say, at least we have that.
Hope you enjoyed your evening out.
Ang x

Shona Hamill said...

Great card Kate. Such wise words re putting things into perspective after the referendum wish more people would take this on board. There's been so much finger pointing, conspiracy theories, etc. At the end of the day you can never please everyone. Mind you whoever offered free craft supplies for all would definitely get my vote, easily swayed lol. Shona xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is beautiful Kate, I love the embossing and the pretty snowflake. Anet x

Sandy said...

So delicate and pretty!
Sandy xx