Wednesday 10 September 2014

Angel Gift!

Hello to you all, gosh it's getting dark quite early now, and it's only 8p.m.  How are you all today, I hope its been a good day for you.  Sending out positive thoughts to all my Blogging Friends who have loved ones who are poorly just now. I hope it won't be long till you are all well again.

Thank to all you left me lovely comments on my last card, and for Irish Cherokee's very kind comment, it's the first comment you've left, maybe it's your first visit, I do hope you come back again and I'll be along to have a look at your creations.

Well my Hero is back home, just in time for tea and he was ravenous, so the lamb hotpot went down well. They all had a great time, even although both canoes capsized, and Alistair is covered in bruises.  It's lovely to have him back, but the piece and quiet has gone.

I've had a lovely couple of days on my own, managed to do a bit of crafting, and I've met our new neighbours, who appear to be a rather nice young couple, moved up from London.  They have the most gorgeous two dogs, now I did ask the breed, but I've forgotten, they look like Huskies with a thick coat and a curly tail and apparently they are Japanese.  The young dog who is 2 years is autistic, never heard of that in my life, have you?, anyway, as his owner is an animal behaviourist, and physiologist, I guess she knows what's what.  I hope to get to know them all better.

Here is my offering for tonight;
 Second photo is trying to show the sparkle, but I don't think it's showing all that well
SW Angel die, couldn't resist it when I spied it, but you need the patience of job to get it released, even with waxed paper.
Her jacket is coloured with Promarkers and Pismacolour Pencils
Little gift die comes from the same die set, in Gold card
Gold Tattered Lace paper
First Edition White Christmas paper
Sentiment from free stamp set from this months Creative Stamping Mag.
Glamour Dust in Crystal
Papermania Gems
Hobby Craft Gold Lace.

I't such a beautiful die and it comes along with a selection of little dies to put into the Angel's hand.

Well I'm back to work tomorrow for the next three days, I'll have a lot to catch up with there, so I don't expect to get much crafting done, but I will try to keep up with your fabulous blogs.
Enjoy your evening, and I will leave you with a little quote I found on Pinterest, and it's what I've always said;


24 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely golden card, I hate it when dies take ages to sort out, such a waste of crafting time. Love the quote x

Patricia said...

Great card Kate,
You have used the Angel beautifully in your design.
I bought the Joy Die, it's a bit of a pain to get out as well.
Glad Alistair is back if he is rather battered and bruised.
Don't let work get to you
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Kate, such a beautiful die and I love the added sparkle.
It's so annoying and frustrating when dies are difficult but at least this one was well worth all your effort.
I hope work goes okay.
hugs Sue xx

pam said...

hi Kate, beautiful Christmas card, your Angel is beautiful, love the layout.
My friend just got the SW poinsettia swirly one.. having a lot of trouble to get it to cut and what does sticks in the die..told her to try different paper and waxed ..
pam

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Very pretty card and you can see the sparkle.
The pooch sounds like an Akita. Their tails curl right over their backs. I always rub a tumble dryer sheet over my dies and it works a treat.
Hope work is uneventful for you.
Ang x

Rita said...

Beautiful card Kate. Love that die. Hugs Rita xxx

Sue said...

Hi Kate what a really lovely card and that die is gorgeous ..love the different signatures things you have they are all so cute LOL haven't worked out how to do that yet on my blog hahaha huggles Sue xxx

MaryH said...

Hi Kate, it's quite dusky here in SC (USA) at 8pm as well. Fall is truly drawing in of the evenings, even if not totally here during the days. Your angel is so pretty, thought it was a Tattered Angel die at first, as I've seen one by that company. With all the details, I can just bet it was a real pain to release. I liked the idea of having the different gifts to display in her hands. Loved the fact you can color her jacket too. It made such a lovely card. Never heard of an autistic dog, but like you said...guess it could happen. Glad your Mr. is back home safely & hope the bruises heal quickly. TFS & Hugs.

Hazel said...

Good morning Kate, oh your are so right about the days drawing in. Love your card with your angel, I bet it was a pain to release, but your have made a gorgeous layout, like the sparkles. Hazel xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate what a gorgeous card and die, well worth the extra effort to get it out! I sometimes end up ripping them trying to get them out - so frustrating. It looks like you have done the angel twice with the under layer done in gold, don't know if that is the case. Hope you have good days at work, Susan xx

downrightcrafty said...

what a beautiful card
hugs Kate xx

meg said...

Great card Kate, love the layout it really enhances the die, hope hubby's bruises fade quicckly and he's not too sore today hugs Meg

dutchess said...

Hi Kate...I had the same trouble with the Sue Wilson poinsettia...11 cuts...wetting card,wax paper the only solution was to add the metal shim to my e bosser....your card is lovely and worth the patience...xxxxx

Erika said...

Hi Kate, love your card and that angel die is perfect. If you have trouble getting the die out use wax paper in between the card and die every time...it should then just pop out. The more intricate the die the more patience required for removing!
Hope hubby's bruises aren't too bad....I hate capsizing in a canoe. :(

Hugs Erika. x

Erika said...

Hi Kate, love your card and that angel die is perfect. If you have trouble getting the die out use wax paper in between the card and die every time...it should then just pop out. The more intricate the die the more patience required for removing!
Hope hubby's bruises aren't too bad....I hate capsizing in a canoe. :(

Hugs Erika. x

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Kate
Prachtige kaart de engel is schitterend
Groetjes Gerrie

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
beautiful card.
I love what you have created with that die, and your stash.
Beautiful background, and such a super bow.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

rosie said...

hello Kate. gorgeous card. love the sparkles!! fab idea x

Jacee said...

Oooh how gorgeous is this, so unusual, I love it Kate.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I can see the sparkle, although I understand your struggle to photograph it. I feel the cards are NEVER as stunning in photographs when they have any type of glitter or bling.

Have a fabulous and crafty day!
Amber
Stampin On Stuff
Staying Crafty

Marie-Louise said...

This is gorgeous Kate. I am finding the Sue Wilson dies are a pain to cut. I use wax paper and even used the shim in the ebosser . I also find that if you put them through a few times the card just falls apart.

Shona Hamill said...

Wow, I missed this earlier, just spotted it on your Pinterest gallery! The die is fab although I did wonder if it would be a job to release being so intricate, you've made a superb card with it and I love all the bling xx

Sandy said...

Hey Kate! Your Christmas card is so very pretty. Isn't that angel die just wonderful!?! You have made the most gorgeous card using it.
No I have never heard of an autistic dog - hmmmmm.
Sandy xx

scrappymo! said...

Hi Kate...perhaps the dogs were ChowChow's. I used to have one and sounds like your description.

Your card is so lacy and beautiful.