Friday 4 October 2013

Daydreamer!

Hello to you all and I hope you are all well and looking forward to your weekend.

Thank you to everyone who wished me well for going back to work, it was very kind of you and truly supportive.  It was certainly very strange to be back, I'm still not sure how I feel about it all, but I received a lovely welcome back from the clients who were there.  In fact I'm still chuckling from what one of them said as she came through the door, "my god, I thought ye were deed, and they f-----rs didney tel me,cos they tel me nothin", all said in the broadest of Buckie accents. Now, our friends outside of Scotland won't know the area I'm talking about, but it is near Aberdeen, and they have quite an unique dialect of their own and at times very difficult to decipher.  Anyway, everyone in the room fell about laughing, of course, you would have to know this person to appreciate the tale.  I think my colleagues just thought I had been on holiday, there was no welcome back there, just hardens my resolve to find something else.

So enough of all of this, I may have missed commenting on some of your cards, I tried to get around them all, but sorry if I missed you., I was tired when I got home, and that was only doing 1/2 a day, so I vegetated on the sofa last night.
Thank you too for taking the time to comment on my last little effort, I thought you would like it.

Today's card;
Inkilylicious Daydreamer Stamp stamped on to Kanban multi coloured card
Core'dination Black Card
Blue Linen textured paper
SB Floral Corner One
Ribbon and Gems from my box

I set out to create my own background here with DI but, after wasting so much card I decided to give up, but discovered this coloured card in my stash and I think it works quite well.  Perhaps I was using the wrong type of card, it was Neenah Classic Crest Card, I'm sure someone will know the best to use.
It's obviously quite a skilled technique and one I will have to practise.

That's me for now, I hope you all have a great weekend and see you soon


24 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Glad you coped well wit your RTW Kate. Now that's behind you the next time will be easier. Love your card. I've not attempted to make my own background papers but some people are very good at it. Good luck with your next attempt. Love and hugs Christine xx

Patricia said...

Brilliant card Kate, I love that Oh! So! Dreamy! Image.
Glad your return went OK at least the clients were glad to see you back. Had to chuckle at the comment. I can almost hear it, I am used to hearing the accents from that neck of the woods. Sometimes it is like listening to a foreign language!!! Actually it is a foreign language....LOL
Have a Great Weekend

Patricia xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Glad the half day wasn't too bad, fab card, great colours. Thanks for all your lovely comments. I am lucky I took early retirement so have more time for carating nowadays x

hotpotato said...

glad your first day at work went well.

Hazel said...

Kate, so glad the clients were glad to see you back and gave you a lovely welcome back, we will hope that your staff members learn some manners from the clients. As for the Buckie welcome - they have a language all of their own, they know what they are saying even if no one else does.

Love your card, your back ground card is great.

Hazel xxx

Sue said...

Fabulous card Kate I was chuckling at the welcome back one of the clients gave you LOL You take care and take it easy huggles Sue xx

rachel said...

that sounds like a wonderful client Kate - really fabulous - I'm so glad you coped with the half day but understand your mixed feelings. Love the card you've out on today - I love that stamp - such a wonderful image xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Gorgeous bright colours. I know I usually do pastels but I like this vibrant card lol !
I was laughing about your client as Mr Duck was just NW of Aberdeen yesterday and told me he couldn't understand most of what the taxi driver said to him lol !
Perhaps your colleagues felt a bit awkward. Its difficult to know what to say sometimes when someone returns after a while away as you don't want to say the wrong thing. But, that's their problem Kate, not yours so onwards and upwards chuck.
Take care.
Ang x

Sue said...

Glad your return to work went okay Kate.
Your card is gorgeous, I love the image and beautiful colours.
hugs Sue xx

pam said...

glad your return to work went ok Kate, had to laugh what your client said.
beautiful card, love that image and lovely colours.
pam

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is gorgeous Kate, I love the silhouette image and beautiful background. I glad to hear that your first day went well. Take care of yourself.

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful card and love the image and colours just gorgeous
Hugs Kate xx

PharmacyMichele said...

Lovely card, just think-you've got the first day back to work over with so nothing should be so daunting now.

Michele.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate fab card today I love everything about it! Pleased you got your first day over with that was the hardest part! There is no accounting for how some people act is there? I know when my husband was diagnosed with cancer the reaction of what we considered a good friend was mind blowing! Anyway it is their problem if they don't have any manners or consideration for other! Have a good weekend and don't worry about work! Susan x

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is absolutely gorgeous, a stunning creation, hugs Pops x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
super card. Lovely stamped image on such a pretty card.
great designing too.
So glad all went well with your return to work. It can only get better from now on hopefully.
Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sue said...

Wonderful scene! I love scenes in silhouette. Such a pretty card, Kate.

Hugs
Sue

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Ohhhh, this is so beautiful.

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate. I love the colours and design.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Marie-Louise said...

Great card kate. Love the image and the stamp. Great colours. Glad your day went well. I understood the dialect perfectly as that is spoken here by some people and referred to as Ulster Scots.

Sandy said...


that is soooo funny Kate and I want you to know that when my husband and I visited Scotland we could not understand hardly anything.
Beautiful card and I do hope you are doing well with getting back to work.
sandy

Teresa said...

Simply beautiful,
hugs Teresa x

Erika said...

Hi Kate, I'm giggling at your Buckie dialect. When I first came up here I met a friend from that direction and couldn't understand all the fuss about "Ken"...I thought he must be a very popular chap! LOL.
Great card I love the black image on your coloured background paper, looks fab.
Hugs Erika.

Unknown said...

I love your gorgeous background colors!

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty