Saturday 17 August 2013

Santa is Coming!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all having a great weekend, what ever you have planned.  Whilst reading through your blog post I noticed that there are one or two of you off on your hols. I do hope you have a lovely time, and return home feeling relaxed and with batteries recharged.

Thanks so much for all the lovely comments on my last card, I enjoy reading them.

Quite blustery here today, with heavy showers at times, but as I wasn't too far afield and had no washing out the weather didn't bother me.  We are going for a drive to Ullapool tomorrow and I think the weather is to be better.  It's such a lovely drive up, beautiful scenery, and the best of all a fab fish restaurant where where will have our tea.

Not a lot of news, I've been doing battle with both laptop and tablet and getting so frustrated by them.  The laptop is fairly old now and freezes, drives me made, I've to put the thing off and start all over again.  As for the tablet, well to be fair, it's really my blogger dashboard that is not uploading, can't get to sign in.  My own blog page is fine, it's just that I can't access all your blogs in order to comment.  This was one of the reasons I bought the tablet, so I could be following you all when I went upstairs and away from the laptop.  So if anyone out there knows what the problem might be, I would be obliged if you could let me know.  However, it's not the end of the world, just inconvenient.

My card for you today;

    I've been trying to do some different things, I'm not all that sure if I'm succeeding, no doubt you'll let me know.  So here I've been trying to make an inky sky and create a little Christmas scene.

Crafter's Companion,Embossalicious I Believe Embossing folder
Die'sire Snowy Village Die
Die'sire Sentementals Rubber stamps set, Jingle Bells
SB Snowflake and Petite Die
Distressed Ink Pads in various shades of blue
Expressive Creations Gilding Wax Midnight , over Santa and reindeer,( not sure why, seemed a good idea at the time)
Gems, pearls and Ribbon from my box
Anyway it will do somebody for Christmas.

That's me for today, I'm going to sit and knit tonight, it will soon be time for socks and I've some on the pins.

Enjoy the remainder of your Saturday
Hugs Kate x
                  

26 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh Kate, this is just gorgeous. I LOVE white on white cards. You created a beautiful holiday scene. It's really putting me in the Xmas spirit. Have a fun and crafty day.

Christine Harrop said...

What a gorgeous card Kate! I love the embossing folder and the snowy village looks great. aAn't help with your computer problems I'm afraid! I'm having enough of my own Lol! Fortunately John seems to have fixed the problem at long last!!! Good luck with it! Christine xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Kate. I love the design and all those fabulous dies.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Wendy Fraser said...

Super card, I must say that I quite fancy that snowy village die, it looks gorgeous on your card. xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,lovely design.x

Hazel said...


Kate just love your card. As for your tablet I find now and again I have to sign in its like I have signed out. Maybe it's not that but when I can't comment that's what I now do and it works. Good luck my problem is working round all the cracks on my screen, roll on Monday when the man can fit a new one.

Enjoy your trip out, it will do you good.

Hazel xxx

Patricia said...

Loving your card, I like that village Die.
If you look the "sign out" button is just under the comment box. I have touched that in the past and signed myself out by mistake. It is so easy to do these things on the "tablet"
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Kate I love your card such pretty embossing with the little touch of blue. Can't help you with your tablet I'm using my I pad now and (touch wood) don't have a problem, hope you sort it - technology is a wonderful thing, a bit like cars, until it goes wrong! Susan x

Rita said...

Good Evening Kate. Our weather here has been wet and windy, with occasional dry spells. Like you I did not venture out at all. I bet your talking about our favourite restaurant in Ullapool too. On the front. Its such a beautiful drive to get there too,
Love your card and I think that would be very popular come Christmas time. Hugs Rita xxx

rachel said...

this is wonderful Kate - really fab card - as for your tablet - it sounds a bit like my p.c a while ago. I just persevered with it and evnetually it came right again - a long time ago I also used to use explorer but have found google chrome much better with blogger xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Nice card Kate great scene xx

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Kate, such beautiful dies and I love the design.
Sorry I cannot help you using your tablet. I use a desktop PC most of the time as the laytop keeps freezing.
I hope you have a wonderful time tomorrow, it sounds lovely.
hugs Sue xx

pam said...

beautiful Christmas card Kate, love those dies and your embossing.
pam

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Gorgeous card. Makes you shiver as you almost believe its snowing LOL!!!
Have a lovely run out and tea tomorrow.
Take care.
Ang x

PharmacyMichele said...

Lovely christmas card, makes me want to start making some of mine now.

Michele.

Erika said...

Hi Kate, I'm back!
Loving your Christmas card as for the inking I find less is more, dabbing before inking and just adding layers, I hope that helps. I think your sky is fab mind it looks all atmospheric.
The row of houses at the bottom is cute too.
As for your computer I find some blogs are easier to access than others, some servers do not like certain blogs. Mind you that could just be me as I'm not very computer literate!
Hope you are having a good weekend, hugs Erika.

Sandy said...

I love your card - especially the village! I wish I could help with your computer problems but I am about as dumb as you can get when it comes to computers.
Sandy

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
love this card. Great embossing folder, and die.
Love the all white with the hint of blue. Fabulous design as always.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Diane said...

Love the card Kate, fun embossing folder and dies.

Regards diane

Unknown said...

You're card is beautiful Kate love the colours!

Crafty Hugs
Heather xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is really gorgeous, fabulous design, hugs Pops x x x

Unknown said...

What a fun card! I don't see many things where there are so many neat embossed images creating a scene so I find this to be very unique and interesting :)


Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

downrightcrafty said...

a beautiful scene and love all the embossing just fabulous
Hugs Kate xx

Teresa said...

Beautiful card Kate
Hope you have a lovely day.
Hugs Teresa x

Dawn said...

You've created a beautiful, frosty, elegant scene. I love it :)

Hugs, Dawn

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is so beautiful, Kate. I love the die scene, it is so pretty.